scoot
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Pat
Trading: (0)
scoot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any leads? Philadelphia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I was Philosophy and Political Science and my first real paying job was in real estate... There's no such thing a permanent job in Commonwealth of MA. Do you have career aspirations? Degrees in the subjects you have, tend not to see things from a vocational stand point.

Election time is right around the corner. I would start hedging your bets on a few political figures you think can win and get your ears wet on campaigning. If your candidate wins, you'll get a job out of it for sure.
This is one of my options, but it requires me biding my time until campaigns get off the ground, and, after that, working for little to no money until the general elections in November. And there's always the possibility that the candidate doesn't win.

I've applied and interviewed, in some cases, for positions in the banking, insurance, and legal industries as well as a number of federal and local government positions.

As I said before, I would like to get back to school but, I already have a good amount of outstanding loans from my time as an undergraduate making graduate school a financial impossibility without a permanent job. I would potentially like to get a masters in public policy or government administration and get into policy/intelligence research.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions so far.
scoot is offline   Reply With Quote