View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 06:34 AM   #3
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Air travel & cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Todd, I haven’t traveled a while with cigars, but when I did, I’d always take them in my carry on. Never had an issue. As for the cutter, I’d pack a cheap one in my checked bag. Lighters, I’d just buy a cheap one when I got there. My friend recently had his lighter confiscated from his checked bag.
I did not plan to bring a lighter, and I am not doing a checked bag - I will not be gone long enough.

Here is what the TSA site says: While cigar cutters are generally permitted, we recommend that you pack them in your checked baggage. TSA officers have the discretion to prohibit any item through the screening checkpoint if they believe it poses a security threat.

Any sharp objects in checked bags should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.

It says that in regard to carry ons: Yes, special instructions. That is where my confusion comes.

Thanks!

Peace of the Lord be with you.