Old 03-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough
Default What to do for humidification?

Well here is the set-up i have. I just got a Vino not to long ago and started off with a cigar-oasis. I noticed the hygrometer on the oasis was not right and i had to set at 73% and to get avg humidity of 64-55% inside the vino(I have 3 digital hygros, one on each level). I went on to get it filled up and wanted to add some beads to try and even it out along with a oust fan as the top level was reading higher than the bottom. Well with oasis set at 73% and adding the beads, after a couple days the avg humidity was around 71%. So i turn the oasis back down to 65%. Now the problem i have is the humidity is 60%, oasis is set at 65%, oasis hygrometer says its 70% in there. My plan was when i open it the oasis would help bring the humidity back up quick and the lb of beads would even it all out as i have them spread out very well. But if the oasis is reading 70% it will never kick on so the only humidification device is the beads.

The cigar oasis has a short cartridge and i did the water crystal conversion to it. I am wondering if that could be causing the hygrometer on the oasis to be off.

Now my question is should I...

1. Get a bigger cartridge to see if that helps the hygrometer on the oasis?

2. Or try to explain to someone what the deal with the oasis is and sell it and the fan kit as it and then get 2 more Lbs of beads?

3. Any other ideas?

Has anyone had any issues with their oasis hygrometer not reading correctly?