View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The gears are turning, I need some oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
In theory I would agree with you.

Problems I see:
No Thermostat
Drilling holes in the side, top or bottom and then sealing them
rupture of a tube inside the cooler
May have more wrapped up in the system/cost wise for a very small cooling area/amount (they work through direct contact with the CPU)
I'm thinking a guy could add a thermostat as an accessory.

You would just have one hole going clear through the cooler for the cord but some expand-a-foam would seal it back up. Other than that, just little screws to secure it inside (the holes wouldnt go clear through. You could silicon them if you are worried about it.

The rupture of a tube was a concern for me as well. But once I thought about it I am not as worried now. People put these liquid coolers in high end computers. They have been around for a while now and if people trust them in their custom made $$$ computer, I will ASSUME they dont really have problems with hose bursting. After all, there is verry little pressure on these lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
It's probably cheaper and easier to buy a thermoelectric wine cooler...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
Is that a Peltier device or is it just a passive radiator setup? Most PC cooling devices don't actively cool the water, they just dissipate the heat via a fan and radiator grid.
The ones I am looking at actually do cool the water, it's not just a passive radiator setup. I think the picture I posted is just a passive type of setup though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
My initial thought as well. Between the monies tied up in the cooler and liquid CPU cooler, you could have a 28 bottle count thermoelectic wine cooler.

As far as the cost goes, well i'm not real sure what a person can buy a wine cooler for.

These liquid coolers can be had for around $100.00 or so from what I can tell so far.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote