View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #18
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good BBQ'ed steak rub or marinade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Anyone here ever use a rub to prepare their steaks prior to it hitting the grill? I remember folks at one time used to soak the meat in beer prior to the BBQ, but not sure if thats still done or not. Suggestions and recipes would be great!!!
No disrespect to any that have posted... but for straight up steak here is what I think is best...

-Bring the steak to room temp by letting it sit out on the counter for about and hour.

-Bring your grill up to as hot as it will go. I have a couple of Big Green Eggs so that is about 750 degrees, but most grills will get above 500 if you really try.

-Liberally apply olive oil and then Montreal Steak Season to the both sides of the steak.

-Sear on the grill for 90 seconds. Turn 90 degrees and sear for another 90 seconds to get your grill marks. Flip the steak and grill for another 90 seconds.

-Take the steak off of the grill and let it sit covered with foil while you let the grill come down to about 400 degrees.

-Put the steak back on the grill and cook to 135 internal for medium rare.

-Let rest for at least 5 minute before serving (this is the most important part).

Enjoy!!
Smokin Gator is offline   Reply With Quote