krevo
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Travis
Trading: (3)
krevo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rolex, Breitling, or Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I don't think any case or bracelet polish at that price would include disassembly of each part then polished/brushed. They use that eraser tool to buff out scratches as they see them or a wheel and do the whole watch which is not ideal. Most highend watches have a combo of brushed and polished surfaces that need diffferent methods.

When we service watches, they are adjusted to 7 positions and we'll send the ticker tape with the watch too. How are you measuring your accuracy? One minute a month on an unserviced watch like that does not sound correct. My cousin's old apartment was 100 meters from COSC head quarters. There's always a few nice cars parked out front.

I have serious doubts with how much they really disassemble the movements at a place like RSC. I am not calling them out, but I know the labor it takes to disassemble a whole movement, clean the parts, fix what may've broke, assemble the watch, test & adjust, then re-test and adjust. Then again, we charge less than $300, but we can't take on too much business and have no overhead. Our watchsmith has his own clients, mostly LVHM, Swatch, and Richemont when they can't fix their own models or ran out parts and new ones have to be made from scratch.

Moses,

I'm well aware you're a WIS, so I'll refrain from arguing with you about RSC's service. My watch gains roughly 2.something seconds a day which by my standards is well within COSC specs. (Average daily rate: -4/+6)

As far as I'm aware, RSC will always open the case, inspect and regulate the movement, and will contact you regarding any absolutely necessary service to internal components. I declined having a newer super luminova dial and hands changed on mine. (as my tritium is long gone)

They do an excellent, and I mean absolutely outstanding job on the bracelet and case. So much so, that I would never hesitate to send my Sub back to them. My 1655 on the other hand is not repairable my RSC. It would have to go to Switzerland from what I've been told, and replacement parts would hurt the value of the watch.
krevo is offline   Reply With Quote