View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 AM   #2
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation
Default Re: Yuengling for a non-beer drinker?

How about some descriptions from ratebeer?

Dark gold color with a white head. Nose of malt and corn. Flavor of malt. Thin and a bit watery.

For what it is, not too bad. Certainly better than other mass produced beer. It actually does have a pretty malty-grain flavor to it. There’s a bit of skunkiness on the finish, but for cheap beer not terribly offensive. It is a bit sweet and flavored for mass consumption, however.

This is a pretty good lager. Pretty light flavors, pairs well with most pub food. Easy to drink, smooth texture. Good gateway beer for beginners

Bottle, no lager character to speak of, very mild hops and malt, metallic, slight cooked corn (DMS) taste. I couldn’t finish it. I have retasted this several times on tap and actually like the stuff (my review).

A great beer for the price. It is very good beer with a nice amber color and a fairly decent taste. It is widely available which is another plus. It has a small tan head, can sometimes be skunky, but that is rare. Overall, it is a good beer, not great.

Local beer for me. I used to enjoy it years ago, but the taste has changed over the years. I really can’t drink it anymore out of a bottle. I can drink it on tap if there’s nothing else or worse beers. Really over-hyped these days all over the country. I had some bottles in my beer fridge in which the color actually seperated. Medium-brown color (unless it seperates, then it’s two-toned). Has a thin tan head. The aroma and taste both tend to be on the skunky side from a bottle. On tap. it has more of a malty aroma mixed with the skunkiness.

My old standby. As for the mass produced domestic beers, this one beats the hell out of anything AB or Miller produces. Not sure if this falls into the pale lager category, it’s more amber in color, slight skunkiness. It reminds me more of a European type lager rather than an American type. It has a distict taste that I find pleasant.