View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 04:44 AM   #8
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cigar Monster Prices Recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Agree with above.

-Cuban cigars are coming to the US legal market...IDK when, but it is going to happen and I would not be surprised if NC retailers and wholesalers are looking to increase margins out front
Not for a few more years Dave, too many legal issues and not even considering the Trump administration ready to turn the decisions Obama made on Cuba back to a full embargo again.

A few brand names are owned by Altadis, Altadis is also 50% owner of Habanos, those brands won't be an issue but General Cigars owns a few too, including Cohiba. They won't give those up without a fight. Then comes the copyright, for example Sanj's Smoke Shop owns the rights for the Cohiba logo (the yellow with the black & white squares), so that's another legal fight unless he accepts a huge offer from Habanos. Then there is the issue of Cuban tobacco only available to Habanos, that could be considered a monopoly, which is against USA regulations, so another fight/issue. Don't expect Cuban cigars legally on the US market any time soon.