Old 02-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #27
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Behmor on the way

I guess P1 is fine for now. After all, the SCCO and drum on the grill roasters, as well as all the heat gun/dog bowl guys as well as the Poppery crowd all seem to do quite nicely without all these fancy profiles. P1 ramps right up and you can always hit the cool button once you are smelling and hearing what you like, right?

I had it described as like using a point and shoot camera over on CG as far as using a Behmor or Hottop but, unfortunately, don't have the time to dedicate to all the homemade roaster options. (work, kids, etc)

I need to remind myself that you don't need to get to second crack to have great coffee and sometimes it's best to shut down earlier.

I got 5 pounds of free beans to practice with and will probably use the good old Fresh Roast for the Kona, as I have gotten to know the roaster pretty well and am not convinced a drum roast is better than an air roaster; yet.

So far the best thing about the Behmor is all the house's roasting is done in short order for the week and I'm not worried as much about the fragile glass roasting chambers I kept breaking on the Freshroast.