Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone own a Brinkmann smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Sorry brother... I don't have a link. Basically though, the SNG has air leaks in the wrong places. You need to seal up the seams and drill some air intake holes in the bottom. There is some info out there... I just don't have it.

BTW... unless you really need the acreage, the 18 inch WSM is a great cooker.
Thanks, you've given me enough to go on now that I can go find some more info and next time I swing into Home Depot, I'll take a look at these things.

As for the 18 versus the 22 - I'm normally an advocate of more reasonably sized grills, but the cost of entry is so high for the 18 and it isn't all that much more for the 22, and as Mike (BorisTheBlade) put it at the last herf when we were talking grills: "You can always not use the extra 4" on a 22, but you can never add 4" to an 18." (not a verbatim quote - but it was something to that effect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxpose View Post
Just short of a dedicated smoker, lots of folks use their 22" Weber kettles for smoking. It can hold low temps reasonably steady for several hours.
I do that currently with my old 18" silver kettle. Looking to expand and move up to be able to accomplish some things that don't work well with this arrangement.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote