View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #25
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Accuracy of salt test calibration

I've salt tested all 7 of my hygro's and with the exception of one being off 2% high and one 1% low I've never had a problem with the test not working. My house stays at about 74 degrees and my test always seem to work.

I have 2 more of the walmart hygro's testing as we speak and after about 14 hours they were at 75% both when I left for work. Also the temp was also reading 74.

When I put the meters in my cooler or vino with the beads the all read between 66 and 69 so I know they are reading just about right and my beads are doing there job.

I do however use a stick of beads once ever couple of months and put all the meters in a large Tupperware for a day or two just to kind of spot check.

Btw my meters are a mix or humicare, xikar, walmart and 2 no name brand so it has worked for different brands for me.

Btw what I use is the mortons salt that comes in the blue paper can thing. I use a soda cap filled till it's level then add enough water to change the color of the salt from white to just clear ( my guess is about 5 or 6 drops) then I stir it around with a tooth pick to make sure it's evenly damp and not overly saturated. I then use a rubber made container (about 4 inchs tall and 6x6 square).

Maybe I'll do a little test and break it down to how much salt to use and drops of water. Maybe that way we can all get better results.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote