It is what it is.

First Name: Tim
Trading: (5)
Partagas
TideRoll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ugh Bad Choice Majoring in History

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Has anyone else majored in history or political science in college? I made that mistake and am now kicking myself in the ass. It was hard enough to find a job in that field after college but now with the crappy economy its even harder. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do with a history degree?
I majored in PoliSci, minored in English, had enough hours to minor in History. There are any number of fields which might not seem obvious you can pursue. Besides post-grad studies such as a law degree, MBA/MPA, etc., there are also things like media/communications, government relations, education, etc.

I never once regretted studying what I was interested in: history, political science/economics, literature. I'm not sure I'd do anything different other than maybe giving law school a shot after all (and that's only because I've been burned out at what I've been doing for a few years; I happen to know more than a couple burned out attorneys my age, too). And as far having to lock into a job specifically related to History or PoliSci, a buddy of mine who majored in English is now a fairly successful network engineer.
TideRoll is offline   Reply With Quote