YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Favorite tomatoe recipes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Ok, it's that time of year again when my tomatoe plants have ripe fruit to pick. Anyone have some good recipes/uses they'd like to share? Normally I'll just eat them cut up with a bit of sea salt, but that gets old after the 5th or 6th one. I've already got plans for a nice BLT with some of my homemade guanciale (jowl bacon). Also going to make a paella with some along with eggplant from the garden. That should take care of a few, but I'm going to have a lot more left.
Along with the sea salt, add some basil (fresh or dried) and a splash of olive oil and/or balsamic vinegar.

Make a pasta/tomato sauce from scratch. I don't have a standard recipe I follow but I can create one for you if you like. Send me a PM. If you have a lot of tomatoes, you can make this in a large quantity and they freeze it in smaller containers for another time.