Thread: Netflix Series
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Netflix Series

In last few years, we've streamed following serials end to end with no commercials (in approx order of how much we enjoyed them):

Older stuff -- Well worth the time:
Firefly - could just be one of the best series ever
Rescue Me
West Wing
Prison Break
Intelligence - great Canadian drama - shame it only lasted two seasons
Sleeper Cell - I'd never heard of this, but it is pretty good

Good filler stuff: Winds of War, Defenders, Touch, White Collar, South Park

Tried, but couldn't get into Breaking Bad, Luther (couldn't understand the English accents), Weeds, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy....and a few others

Most of the Netflix originals:
House of Cards - Very good.
Orange is the New Black - Great.
Lilyhammer - Different, but VERY entertaining - I highly recommend
Hemlock Grove - Couldn't get past first two episodes...seemed well done, just not to my taste

Others:

Chicago Code - Great! I can't work up Firefly-level outrage, but dumbfounded that it only lasted one season

The Job - Can't believe I never heard of this. Great! Rescue Me would never have happened without this. Very funny.

Scandal - Don't pay attention to network TV, so this had escaped us....first season was good; second season was sort of good, but as scenarios got wilder, it got harder to suspend disbelief and just enjoy the ride