Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mosca's Chicken a la Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I have to admit, I just fiddled with the supposed recipe from Mosca's web page. It is somewhat
vague to begin with. Try to ignore my poundage I guess. I use a whole chicken cut down about
twice the normal 2-2-2-2 stage. (2 of everything) I end up with about15-16 pieces.
Ironically the chicken proportions could maybe affect the rest of the recipe if you were scaling way
up or way down, but in general, I think the juice ingredients are about the same for 1/2 a chicken up
to two chickens. It's really just more or less juice to use with your pasta and bread. So you can really
experiment in my experience. But yeah, a whole chicken. And here...you can fiddle with this, too.....'

http://moscasrestaurant.com/recipes-fresh-seafood.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
But down in LA, Adam, and in particular with this dish, I think the back and neck are important to the sauce,
even if they are removed before serving. Lotsa good stuff in nem bones. A good chicken gumbo demands it.
Thanks Brad.

And I don't disagree about the flavor of the sauce when parts like the neck and back are included, when I looked at the photos, I didn't seem to notice them being in there, so I thought they might not be included.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote