Old 12-15-2020, 09:39 AM   #20
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kitchen Remodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
From what I see, all the dishwashers suck. We have a Fisher & Paykel dual draw dishwasher. Super quiet, can wash a ton of dishes with two separate units, but always clogs and has cost us almost what it cost new in servicing over the years.

Was between the one we bought and a Bosch. Heard similar horror stories on Bosch...

Get the one that has the features and utility you need and don't go over board. I did and regret is a little. Certainly looks cool though!

Nice fridge is different; that is a showpiece of the kitchen.

Thanks for the heads up. I will admit that I know absolutely nothing about dishwashers or even how to use one, I’ve been the dishwasher all my life. I don’t even recall seeing a dishwasher in use. Hell I don’t know squat about any appliance. I just went with the Bosch because from searches, it cleans well and is quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech View Post
All appliances we've had break in one way or another. I've gotten in the habit of making sure I know where to get replacement parts. For hood over the range, check out ExtremeAir products. They are a fraction of the cost of what you'll find for Hoods. We ordered online and I was pleasantly surprised. Pretty high quality for what you pay. Nowadays I'm all about going online to find good deals. Local just always seems overpriced.
Thanks for the suggestion. We are going to look at Zeypher tomorrow and I think we’ve narrowed it down to: Best, Zeypher or the matching GE hood. Because of our small kitchen we are going with a 30” hood. My requirements were quiet yet effective (probably cannot match the two) baffle filters preferred and no touch screen, wife wants pretty . Sadly it seems that most in the 30” range don’t really fill those wants at least all together. So far the zeyphr has been the quietest from what we’ve heard, played with one at Best Buy but not the model that we wanted. Others have been really loud. Not too many places have working hoods to play with so this has been a tough search.