Cohibo Aficionado

First Name: Craig
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
Costa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need some input

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
A friend of mine owns an English pub and always served coffee. The coffee shop next door went out of business and he picked up this Kony for about 700 bucks and it only had about a year use on it.

Probably overkill for home use, but it is sweet. Kinda looks like a giant crystal in the throat of the grinder.

He also got one of those big machines with the brass top on it for a couple grand.

All in all he has a nice setup now on the bar.

http://www.espressoparts.com/MAZZER_KONY
Holy crap, thats nice. Decided to make the investment after years of drinking sub-par coffee. I'm a "invest now" kind of guy, so I want to make sure I am getting something that will get me through many, many years.

Tell ya, I can't figure out which way to go, doser or doserless, read so many differing opinions on each.......

So, my steps are

1) Grinder - one of the Rocky's
2) daily use maker - still undecided
3) bean source - not sure yet
4) a REAL espressso maker - once 1-3 are done, I will hit that one.

Please keep any an all input coming. This is exactly what I went through with cigars many years ago on the old CS. I'd be a rich man if it were not for you gentlemen....haha.

I'm all ears; doser or doserless and what coffeemaker (is the MT500 any good).