View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #832
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Rob, first, you asked the question on Easter and I didn't get to it. I will try and postulate a better answer later. But for now, Shisha tastes like whatever topping is put on it. Pipe tobacco will never taste anything like Shisha. Nick gave a good answer.

Here's how I'd say it. Do not smoke aromatics (those with a flavoring) for the flavored smell you find when you open the tin/pouch, 95% of the time you will be disappointed. You may smell that in the room when smoking, and others around you may smell it, but you will not find it on your palate.

Pipe tobacco flavors come from the constituent tobaccos. And the smoke volume will be significantly less than from cigars.

Hope that helps a little.