View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: In support of COPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbriar View Post
We all see the media storm from the recent fatalities involving police officers and suspects, casting doubt on the ethics and honesty of the officers involved. This seriously pisses me off. I find it interesting that that same media offers little coverage in instances where officers are injured or worse in the line of duty. Now we have the Million Mom March. It seems that police in this country are once again being vilified. Here is an idea... How about if all police and law enforcement personnel in the U.S. walk off the job for an entire week and see how things fair. No issues with police brutality will occur during that week for sure. Maybe then, some measure of respect will return. I am deeply disturbed that police and emergency responders are held in such high esteem following crises such as 911, but that same support quickly disappears. I am not a COP, but have friends who are and support them unconditionally. My
Maybe this will place some perspective on it. I happen to strongly dislike my neighbor. We just dont see eye to eye, ever. She is a LEO and I would hope to God she never decides to walk off her job because of some idiot news report villifying the police. While like I said we dont like each other at all I know she is part of that 99% that do things right.