View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: In support of COPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbriar View Post
We all see the media storm from the recent fatalities involving police officers and suspects, casting doubt on the ethics and honesty of the officers involved. This seriously pisses me off. I find it interesting that that same media offers little coverage in instances where officers are injured or worse in the line of duty. Now we have the Million Mom March. It seems that police in this country are once again being vilified. Here is an idea... How about if all police and law enforcement personnel in the U.S. walk off the job for an entire week and see how things fair. No issues with police brutality will occur during that week for sure. Maybe then, some measure of respect will return. I am deeply disturbed that police and emergency responders are held in such high esteem following crises such as 911, but that same support quickly disappears. I am not a COP, but have friends who are and support them unconditionally. My
The incidents I've seen on video were egregious; I'm not surprised in the least that people are angry. When a person wields the awesome and terrible power of the State, their conduct must be above reproach, period. If it cannot be, then they should not be trusted with the power of life and death. If every cop walked off the job every cop would be fired. The Police unions would go away. The National Guard would do the job until new cops could be hired and trained. They would only be screwing themselves. The police do a vital and dangerous job, but we shouldn't engage in blind hero worship, either; that is far more dangerous.