View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #13
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Backflush= piece of cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
As usual, I'm screwing up my terminology on the gaskets and other parts.

Regarding the grouphead gasket,

I noticed on machines like the Expobar, there is a ridge above the shower screen where you are supposed to kinda pry off the gasket in a matter similar to opening a paint can.

I'd have to look at the diagram to figure out the steam wand o-ring gasket but imagine it shouldn't be hard to get to.

My grouphead gasket seems pretty well seated in there and now I have something to obsess over for a few days until a new gasket arrives. I'd imagine an angled awl should do the trick in this case.

Great tips, but feels like hot citric backflush to my eyeballs.

Thanks Dan. anything I need to do inside my grinder tommorow????
I asked my dentist if he'd sell me a dental (pick) tool a few years back - a real heavy duty one. He had a drawer full of broken hand tools which included a very stout pick with a semi-curved hookie thing on it. It was perfect for getting around, and then under, a gasket without scoring the metal grouphead seat. No charge, he said.

You may find an awl works if the gasket is still quite pliable. If it's hard and brittle you may think about finding something else.