ammodors
Tactical Cigar Humidors

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (0)
ammodors is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just finished my latest humidor project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahot1pilot View Post
Great looking humidor. I'm currently deployed with the military in the dry climate of the dessert. Do you know of some field expedient ways to keep cigars properly conditioned with out a good humidor???
First, thanks a ton for your service. You guys are my heroes.

Any container will work for a humidor as long as is air-tight/semi-airtight. Doesn't need wood...doesn't even have to be specifically a commercial made "humidor".

For example, check out our ammo can humidors at ammodors.com. Just surplus ammo cans converted to humidors. We line them with wood but that's totally optional in your situation. We do sell DIY kits that include the wood if you ever get to that point (don't forget our Cigar Asylum and military discount codes).

For now, grab an extra ammo can that you probably have laying around, clean it out REALLY well (soap and vinegar works well) and then see if you can get your hands on some Boveda packs. They are the easiest humidifiers to use by far and will do all the hard work for you to keep your sticks fresh.

Ammo cans make the easiest, simplest and best damn working humidor money can buy! Good luck and stay safe.