View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #191
mrreindeer

Default Re: Lets talk about the Swine flu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu View Post
One more casualty.
It started off Thursday morning as an itch in my throat and a headache.... both after a hard night of drinking and smoking... but not that hard, so I was like WTF?
By noon Thursday, I knew I was down for the count. I took about a 1.5 hour nap on a sidewalk outside the LasVegas Convention Center. The fever just kept going up. I checked with the airline and got a mask and a blanket for the ride home. I was actually surprised that they allowed me to board since I gave them ALL of the symptoms that I had and that relate to H1N1. Finally rolled in my door a 02:00 Friday Morning and this is the first I have moved since then. Still feel like dog snot, but the fever has started to subside.

yuck, but I still think regular stomach flu is worse.
Jeez man, that sucks! Hope you're all better now. Did anyone throw you money as you slept on the sidewalk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr View Post
I have a 5 month old and decided for her sake that I needed to get the vaccination. So I got crap stuck in my nose today.
I don't blame 'ya.

Guys, if you're in acarr's situation, just note that there is live flu (mostly killed but still live) in the nasal mist. If you've got a very young baby (like we do), make sure you get the injection instead of the nasal spray. I'm sure acarr is fine with the spray and he definitely did the right thing by getting protected.