Thread: Sous vide
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 05:41 AM   #587
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Sous vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Definitely let us know how that works out.
A+, will be doing again soon. Thawed in the fridge, took them out of the bag, let them drip off most of the juices and put on the cast iron grill pan. These turned out amazing, they looked great and tasted on-point, made a little sauce with some leftover mango chutney and sriracha to complete it. I first did this because one of our go-to quick meals is the frozen mango chutney chicken skewers from trader joes, but they were out last time so I just bought the sauce and did them myself (no skewer), I won't be buying the frozen version again.

In fact, I might pre-cook another one or two just to keep in the freezer. Does anybody know if there's an "expiration" or an amount of time cooked chicken like this could stay in the freezer before reducing in quality? I would think no if it stays frozen, but I've been wrong about things before