View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #126
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

Dog Rocket #13 Woohoo! I'm in the home stretch!

From Silound's description: Bahia Seconds. Something I found at the B&M and bought foolishly thinking they would age to be something decent.

My take: A box-pressed robusto sized cigar with an ugly wrapper covered with blemishes. OK, this cigar STINKS. It smells like an old pair of boots that was left in a mildewy basement for 10 years. Pre-light draw is OMFG NASTY. Imagine picking up said pair of mildewy boots and sucking on them.

While toasting the foot I can already tell I am in for some punishment. This thing is throwing off the most awful stench.

First few draws are OMFG NASTY. This is, without a doubt, the WORST of the bunch so far. I literally almost gagged on the first draw. I'm NOT exaggerating.

I just realized that this is the first Bahia cigar I've ever smoked.

Words cannot describe how awful this cigar tastes. It doesn't even taste like tobacco. It's a sort of sour mildewy leather taste. The aroma coming from the foot is a familiar one. I smelled it in another one of Silound's "cigars"; the aroma of scorched urine.

Burn and draw are perfect.

I would not even give one of these cigars to someone I don't like. That's how bad it is. Not even a bum would smoke one of these.

I made it about 1.5". I surrender. I can't do it. What a disgusting....thing. I can't even call it a cigar. A strawberry blunt would taste better than this thing. I'm going to snuff this thing out in water and tear it apart to see if I find any rubber bands or human hair in it.

Conclusion: Dog Rocket. The worst of the bunch so far.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote