View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #38
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone have this endtable humidor?

Hey Al, I don't have that humidor, but I do have an end table (Montegue model through CI).

Like you, I was in no rush and kept a very close eye on this model coming up on cbid. I bid on about 4 or 5 different auctions before I finally had the high bid. I'd have to dig up the paperwork, but I think I ended up paying around $300. Since you live in NJ (probably even closer to their warehouse than me), you can coordinate to pick it up to save the shipping expense. That's what I did. 2 hours to and fro, but 1) worth the savings, 2) got to smoke two cigars, and 3) stopped by their Superstore. But the best thing was 4) it permitted me to have the box opened before I took possession. The first one was damaged in shipping, so they had to grab a second, and all was good with that one.

I've had it now for a while... maybe even a year? Keep it in my finished basement and run a CO with some of Scott's beads in it. During the summer it is absolutely phenomenal, but during the dry winter I'm adding H2O to the CO every 10-14 days. Completely satisfied with it.

Hope that helps if you broaden your options.