View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #19
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: whats the best latakia tobacco

Best Latakia tobacco? Wow, there's a question. I do not think that anybody can unequivocally say which is best.

If you just want Latakia, get some blending Latakia and smoke it straight.

As to "best" Latakia blend? You're going to get as many opinions as there are posters to this thread. Hopefully, nobody will say what is the "best."

What I will do is this,

My favorite blends w/Latakia (in no particular order):

Gawith & Hoggarth Mixture #12
Two Friends Deacon's Downfall
Cornell and Diehl: Bow-legged Bear; Sam's Blend; Plantation Evening (lighter in the Latakia, but nice), Pirate Kake (when I want Latakia w/out much else)
Penzance Esoterica
Dan Tobacco: Gordon Pym, London Blend 1000

And personally, the Peter Stokkebye Proper English is something I wouldn't put on the list of things to try, had a few bowls and couldn't give it away fast enough - but that is just my taste.

And therein lies the secret to this. What I may like, you may not, or we may both enjoy them.

So, take people's suggestions as to what they like, try them yourself, and then you can decide what is the "best." Actually, I think you'll discover not a "best" one, but a number of "favorites" that will end up in your rotation.

Peace of the Lord be with you.