View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
whodeeni

Default (First Crazy Ward Review!) Liga Privada T-52 Toro

~ All of my pictures are before i smoked it because I went to smoking dinner and forgot to take pictures ~

My T52's got here last night those guys have really mastered the art of
combining both "Rustic and Elegant" when you look at the box....

Liga Privada T-52 Toro

Origin : NicaraguaDrew Estate
Format : Toro
Size : 6 x 52
Wrapper : American Habano
Filler : Honduras, Nicaragua
Binder : Brazillian Mata-Fina
Price : $10 - $14.00

Appearance: This cigar is very dark, rich, and oily to the eye. The construction is seamless, and I only notice very small veins. It is very firm and gives just a little to the touch so you know its well packed. I smell it and all i can think of is a "must" (or maybe peaty) scent. I noticed that a small bit of the wrapper is missing at the foot, the only noticeable blemish on the cigar. This vitola is topped with a double cap.

Pre-Draw
I licked the top and cut this sucker w/ a punch. The pre-draw flavors were
a unique "musk"/peaty flavor that was really hard to define, salt, cinnamon, and pepper. I smelled the foot and got flavors of rich tobacco, strong pepper and a whiff of nicotine!

1st 3rd: I lit the foot, took a few puffs, and this cigar started with a strong blast of pepper! The pepper gave way to interwining with the musk and i immediately began noticing the emerging presence of cedar. I know a lot of guys have complained about acid over the years, but this cigar is a man's cigar. I almost get the impression that this stogie is more redolent of smoking a Cuban. (Only smoked a few in my short 7 months of smoking! )

2nd 3rd: This bugger is now beginning to grow in strength. 35 minutes prior id eaten a slice of pizza and im glad that I had something coating my stomach because this cigar is going at full power at this point! When it first started is was in a bass boat, but now I'm deep sea fishing! The essence of espresso and leather have weaved their way in, and it's pairing well with the glass of cabernet that i'm having.

Last 3rd: I don't normally do this, but i put my cigar down because im having dinner w/ the fellas. When I picked it back up, and relit, i got a blast of pepper even stronger than at first, and the strength was enormous! I taste strong pepper, leather, cedar, and espresso.

Needless to say i nubbed it, and let's just say i'm glad that I have a box!

Total smoking time, 1hr 15minutes

Last edited by pnoon; 01-27-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: request of OP