View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Re: Hard apple cider

Thanks for the advice. I was going into it blindly. I understand about the bottling bucket (which I don't have) and fill wand (this kit came with one). If it's something I decide to continue doing, I'll be sure to upgrade the equipment accordingly.

Regarding the juicer vs press: the only press I can rent looks like it could barely fit 2 pounds of apples at a time, and is basically an 8-9" wide by 12" tall perforated metal pipe, and a threaded rod with wooden handles. It's not one of the ones to hook a hose to. I suppose I could do that. I just thought the juicer would be easier.

I'll see what I can do for different yeast. I'm storing the apples out in the garage right now because it's in the 40's. We're supposed to freeze and get snow this weekend, and I don't want to store apples inside for too long.

I knew about the bottle carbonating, but since that's at the end of the process, I left it out for now.

I appreciate the advice. Exactly the type of input I was looking for.