View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Roasting Question w/regards to Outside Temperature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Outside temp means alot. I have one roaster/popper that will barley hit first crack when its real cool outside. Solution: I put that roaster in a small, shallow box and run another one behind it, blowing hot air into the box. Now its drawing in warmer air and increasing my roasting temp. Works very well. I run this crazy contraption while my better roaster is cooling with a fan blowing into it.
Thanks for the feedback Brent That's kinda what I was thinking regarding the temp, when one bit of info I'd read mentioned "don't if its 50* and below." I've seen the box set-up in a "you tube" post without the additional blower unit. Guess I could modify a box, line it with tin foil and position my daughters hair dryer into the box while "on low" with some sort of modified tubing...

I'm sure we can become very creative if we get hard-up enough to roast some beans huh? Will probably wait for a solid 70* day to roll around for now though. Thanks again Brent...