View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #28
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any Sirius/XM Gurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
No insight for you on that 'offer'. But, I've dealt with them enough years to know that it isn't likely a mistake, nor an ignorant salesperson. They have a different approach, that's for sure, but they are rehearsed and not accidental. I forget exactly what I pay, but it is around 40-45% of the renewal notice I get every year....paying maybe around $85? It takes about a half hour on the phone every year, but they always end up coming back with....'my supervisor will give you this rate for this year only'....or some such.
They've tightened up their sales folks, apparently. Annual bill was way north of two bills and even after multiple calls trying to haggle them down, I've been offered absolutely nothing less than full bill price. I don't use it, but since my wife loves it, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the asking price.