wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cooler Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenvt View Post
So uhhh a friend of mine has capped out his/her cabinet and needs more room.. My friend needs to make room for some other purchases he/she made. Preferably he/she would like to get a cooler so it can be put away in a closet to hide the fact that he/she has so many cigars. He/she had some questions on coolers:

1) Recommendation for a cooler? He/she heard about an $85 one at Wal-mart
Any of the extreme type coolers. The ones rated to hold ice for 3 days or more.

2) How many lbs of beads would be needed for that
1lb has held for me quite well with a 100qt cooler. I only keep 1/4 of the beads wet and it holds for a few months with no recharging.

3) are fans necessary as well?
Necessary.. no, but it puts my mind at ease to have a oust fan in there

4) how often does the cooler need to be opened? He/she goes away for 3-6 months out of the country which is why he/she bought a temp/humidity controlled cab I would say as long as temps don't get too high, then there is no problem with leaving closed for that amount of time. The biggest problem would be to have a cooler closed for that long and temps getting high... think beetles

5) how many boxes will the above cooler hold?
My 100qt could hold easily 30 boxes or more. If you're talking about cabs, then adjust accordingly.
Lastly, you can do away with getting a cooler if you smoked more!!