View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 04:09 AM   #5
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Re: taboo barber pole

I like this with a bit of aging on them.... I have a box I am letting rest and hitting about 1 a month. They are definitly getting better.

The best cigar from Taboo I smoked is an SFO Boot Camp. Although not for me, I highly recommend anyone who wants to try something new, give this a whirl. Simply amazing, here is a bit of a review I posted on it:

"Interesting smoke....

Construction: 6.5" and maybe a 38/40 RG. Not sure what it was (bomb gift) - typical generic Taboo band. Very dark brown and black wrapper. Rugged contruction, both veiny and raised stem with a bit of a curley head on the cap. This doesn't bother me as it does seem to bother others.

Smoke: Wow.... It seems most of the Taboos (SFO/HSG) I have tried are a little stronger than I normally prefer. Strong nic to me gives the back of the throat a tightness. This is prolly one the most complex sticks I have smoked to date. Strong nic in places and in others it would fade to med. The flavors jumped from sweet to bland to others I couldn't place. Each 3/4" or so it was like a new cigar. Produced medium to slightly heavy amounts of smoke. I made it about 3" in before I stopped. Not that I dis-liked it, but I have a bit of a buzz and this is right after lunch. I'm a wimp. Simon, you need one of these.

The Twist and Cameroon are keepers, I'll have to pass on this one though (even though this smokes changing charectaristics are fun) in order to keep a clear head. I just picked up 10 Sumatras, they are next on the Taboo tasting."