View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 05:37 AM   #18
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone work in financials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Just tell me you are not one of those extremely terrible human beings that call them selves the Allston/Brighton Watch or whatever. The people that spend all day whining about the fact that they have to live near an institution that was there when their grandparents were kids.

The whole thing is weird. People are complaining about the students, and when BC bought 2000 Comm to use as dorm, they complain more. I thought it was a great idea to keep them in one building. I do think that BC should cough up some tax money.

If the students didn't live in off-campus housing around the school, the rents and property value would go down in my opinion. The area is not like around Allston which is just student/party central. We need the student resident income for sure.

Outside of the taxes issue and perhaps the say in state house compared to the property tax the area contributes... Not sure what their issue is?