View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #9
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (84)
lbowles2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any feedback on the Xikar X8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
It's not you as I have heard this time and again but I have never got this statement. Almost any cutter will work with large ring guage cigars.

I've cut hundreds of 54+ ring guage (aka: jawbreaker) cigars with an Xi.

I agree with Ferdie, looks like a cheap knock-off of Palio.
I don't smoke many 60 rg cigars but alot of people do and you gotta admit even though the Palio will cut it you may have problems with draw if more of the cap needs to come off. I had a camo palio and ran into problems with this. Do I think it makes the Palio a crappy cutter? Not at all. I loved my Palio and thought I would never get rid of it until I tried the X8. It had all the qualities of the Palio that I liked but with a larger opening giving you more option when cutting 56-60 ring cigars.

As far as being a 'cheap knockoff' I don't see it that way. Just because it doesn't have the fancy shape of the Palio doesn't make it cheap. It is plenty comfortable to cut with and I think you would have a hard time finding a cutter that is as smooth and cuts as nice..

This is a debate that could go on forever. I would put the Palio and X8 even with eachother for quality of cut and smoothness. They are both great cutters but the X8 seems more versatile to me.