View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Storage for a couple great beers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Fathers day is right around the corner. I have nabbed up my father a couple good cigars, and a couple great bottles of beer. The cigars, everyone knows how to store. However, the beer I am a little sketchy on.

I had picked up a bottle of Deschutes The Abyss and Deschutes Black Butte XXIII for him for fathers day. Descutes is his favorite brewery and loves the regular Black Butte Porter they make. However, I know these beers are meant to age. How should I be storing them over the next month?

I have had them in my fridge for now, but I got to wondering tonight, does this delay the aging process? Is it best to store at room temp? So many questions, and I can't find anything on google about it.

Help?
They won't age in a month. The fridge is fine. Room temp will be fine. Just avoid extremes. If your father truly plans on aging them (6 mos to a year or more) I would suggest something like a vino temp or wine fridge to store them at cellar temps - much like wine.