View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fire Management...

I just fixed my last issue on fire management last weekend. Imagine a man who buys box after box of cigars,
and this man is at Home Deeepo and everytime he goes in he sees a charcoal chimney for a little over ten bucks.
Well, that's too EXPENSIVE. So instead, he builds a small fire on the weekend, then covers the coals with unlit
charcoal til that gets going and then he closes the pit. But when the coals die, that man has to start a new batch of
coals the same way, and oftentimes he gets impatient and just closes the lid on a fire that is just getting to the
halfway point of becoming coals. To save ten bucks he will eat that meat that has combustion molecules all over it
instead of good smoke flavor. Well I finally wised up last weekend and got me a lil chimney.....shame, but it's true.
Been smoking 'backyard-professionally" for 3-4 years and only JUST NOW got a damn chimney.

Not to mention the up and down temps you get opening the pit and making a new fire....I forgot to mention, I have
a one chamber cooker posing as a smoker, indirectly smoking and heating my meat...works good, but not without a
chimney starter, lol.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote