Old 05-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
FUEL
Just 6 days...

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Travel Humidor

Also consider there are really only two or three companies that make the ones you are looking for. They are just re-branded and either made in the USA or China. I have a 5 and a 10 count Xikar (made in the USA) a 10 count Casa Fuente (made in USA) 15 count orange Herfador (I think thats how its spelled got on Devils site for $15) to match my Texas Longhorns and a 60 count brief case style Herfador (made in China).

Never had an issue with any and use small Boveda packs in them. One thing I humbly suggest is to line them with cedar to help with RH balance. I just took the sheets from my Liga Privada and Undercrown boxes and used those. For the suit case one I simply took the top off an empty Opus X box and put it on the bottom and threw in a 69% RH Boveda bag with a hygro I got at the Devils Site for $15 and it works great.

I honestly can't tell the difference between the made in the USA ones vs. the made in China with the exception of the USA ones plastic being harder which I don't like compared to the China ones as the China ones have a little (very little but noticeable) give to them that absorb a drop better.

A shop in WI has coupons for 25% off all of their travel humis right now including this monster that holds around 250. Suckers insane.

YMMV