Ambassador of Quan

First Name: David
Trading: (9)
RA
smitdavi has disabled reputation
Default Re: iphone 4 just announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
I was pretty sure that 10.5 (Leopard) does work with PPC processors, it's 10.6 (Snow Leopard) that is Intel only...

Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" was released on October 26, 2007. It was called by Apple "the largest update of Mac OS X". It brought more than 300 new features.[86] Leopard supports both PowerPC- and Intel x86-based Macintosh computers; support for the G3 processor was dropped and the G4 processor required a minimum clock rate of 867 MHz, and at least 512 MB of RAM to be installed. The single DVD works for all supported Macs (including 64-bit machines). New features include a new look, an updated Finder, Time Machine, Spaces, Boot Camp[87] full support for 64-bit applications (including graphical applications), new features in Mail and iChat, and a number of new security features. Leopard is an Open Brand UNIX 03 registered product on the Intel platform. It was also the first BSD-based OS to receive UNIX 03 certification.[3][88] Leopard dropped support for the Classic Environment and all Classic applications.[89] pre-installed,
It was the final version of Mac OS X to support the PowerPC architecture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I have 10.5.8 on my Mac G4 ppc with no issues.

Yeah my bad...I was thinking of Snow Leopard. I probably will not put leopard on this laptop. Only running a 512 stick of ram and thats the bare minimum for Leopard and I don't want to bog the whole thing down.

So....I just went out and bought a new iMac lol
smitdavi is offline   Reply With Quote