View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coffee Grinders???

(Clips from the other thread)

Greg, I have a Capresso burr grinder that goes way too fast, makes way too much noise, and leaves me with lots of staticy grounds. It's just a messy bastig! Plus, there is that dust in the grind that makes a fine sludge in the pot (which my wife hates). I was thinking maybe the manual grind would be more consistent and since it wasn't at such a high speed, the static wouldn't be generated. Here's a look at my current grinder.

The pretty picture with the non-static coffee is total BS, too. With that much grinding, there would be a clouded mess in the catch container.

I got this little gem early in Dec. I grind 1/2 cup of beans daily. Takes a few minutes (or about 160-170 turns, as I have OCD). I like the grind a lot better than that other leaf mulcher I have, though I kept it for emergencies. It's a really solid unit and perfect for our situation. It's portable and cheap ($30ish) and should last a good long while.

A video from our own resident techninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PStP7XS88CE