Thread: 5 Vegas Miami
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
Tyler

Default 5 Vegas Miami

I don't know what size this is as it was given to me and I have not been able to find a ring gauge sizer or whatever it is called.

I sat down to smoke out back and had 5 mosquitoes land on me and bite me at the same time, no joke. So I went inside and took an OFF bath pretty much so this review might be skewed due to the strong odor of OFF. I am drinking water and a Shiner Bock with the smoke.

Prelight:

The cigar smells kind of cedar-y and chocolaty. Solid construction and only minor discoloration of the wrapper in a few places. I used a two blade guillotine and the cut was near perfect on the cigar. Pre-light draw is open but not too open. Not really picking up a lot on flavor other than light chocolate and cedar.

1/3:

I immediately notice some spice and cedar from the first draw. A little harsh at first but it turns into a kind of chocolaty leather. Very pleasant. I am not really picking up on any other flavors but this could be attributed to the fact that I have never done a review before. I am assuming since I don’t sit down and try to pick out the flavors of a cigar in detail every time that my skills will develop with time. So far it is still the same cedar with a leathery/creamy/chocolaty flavor and it is very pleasant.
The cigar produces a high amount of smoke and the ash is a light color and holds on pretty well until at about the 1 inch mark when it fell on my shorts haha.

2/3:

Same flavor profile as before but there is an added ‘nut-iness’ to it and the spice has mellowed out. It leaves my mouth with a cedar taste which is not unpleasant at all. I have not eaten dinner yet so this cigar is giving me a buzz. The flavor profile is still the same with an added smooth chocolate undertone.
I was late on getting outside for a smoke tonight so it is already getting pretty dark so I will not be able to comment on the ash except what shows up in the pictures. The cigar also went completely out once because I was typing in the forums and forgot to take a puff. This might be a failed first review but live and learn right? Haha. I will continue on.

3/3:

More cedar comes through and it becomes a little harsh at times. The buzz is really bad now and I am feeling sick as I have not eaten for 12 hours. It is also about 100 degrees out so I am sweating and my beer has gone warm. I let the cigar go out shortly after the start of this third as the heat and the buzz made me sick.

Final thoughts:

I would love to smoke another one of these after dinner next time and when it isn’t in the triple digits. This was a pretty good cigar but comparing it to other 5 Vegas cigars I would say it still ranks behind the series ‘A’.

Recommended?

With this review only being a partial one and me being sick for half of it I cannot give a call on if I would recommend this cigar or not. Hopefully my next review will be much better.