Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Snake Hips
Götterdämmerung

First Name: Tyler
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
Snake Hips will become famous soon enough
Default Beers for the Non-Hopwhore

After a time swilling anything alcoholic, I've been looking a while for a good beer. I didn't know what I was looking for at first. As a matter of fact, I still don't, but I've established what I do and don't like. I do like "lighter" tasting ales like Newcastle and more flavorful lagers like Beck's. And I DO not like this gnarly, bitter, how-much-hops-can-you-stand nonsense that the American craft breweries seem to be fans of in recent years. I want a real IPA, not a butt-puckering, hop-laden, beer humunculus that crawls down my throat and takes a dump on my tongue. And yes, I know what a "real" IPA is - I've been to England and tasted the sweet fruit of their breweries. Greene King IPA is to this day one of the best beers I remember (and apparently only a mediocre beer to the Brits), and is, unfortunately, not exported to my knowledge. But my taste is weird anyway - I can drink a Budweiser, Coors, Miller, Pabst or Olympia and be happy with it, but I don't like Blue Moon, Sierra Nevada IPA, Killian's or Fat Tire.

So, knowing that I like British ales of most types and German lagers of most types (excepting wheat beers - never got into them) and that I dislike excessive hops and strong "grain" tastes (like imperial stouts and beers like Fat Tire provide), can anybody give me any suggestions for beers to try? I know I just gave you quite a task, but I know there are some veritable beer experts here, and I'd like to hear what you think
Snake Hips is offline   Reply With Quote