Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Funny you say that.
Has nothing to do with it.
I actually seldom drink soda.
Sugar has no effect on stones.
Stress not found to be related.

They are caused by calcium oxilate.
That is found in just about all foods but specially high on some things such as spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, fruits such as strawberries or anything ending in "erries", on and on and on.
In addition, sodium is believed to be a culprit.
If you see the actual list of what one who suffers from stones can in fact eat, the only thing pretty much left on it is water. Heck if I want to live eating water.

Some people like me have a chemistry composition that just traps the calcium in the kidney, little by little forming a stone or a few, as opposed to having the kidney let the oxilate escape via the urine. I am actually on medication to assist in the prevention of them. That lasted since July when I had my last one. I guess the bright side is I had 6 months or so stone free.

Well, as tired as I am, tried going back to sleep for a while but that is just not going to happen.
o really? I was always told that stones had a lot to do with stress and sodas and such. Maybe just a myth to keep kids from drinking soda, but I only drink tea and water most of the time. I rarely drink a soda. glad to hear you got it done without an ER visit though!