Old 11-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #17
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: FreeCreditReport Commercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpappy View Post
I'm sure there are others in the advertising industry that would agree with me, the annoying commercials are considered successful because they get people talking about the commercials and you can't mention the commercials without mentioning the name of the company being advertised. That creates brand name recognition. That sells their products. You may not say, "Hey, I'm going to buy Geico because you like the lizard", but if you start looking for new auto insurance you will check Geico because the name is stuck in your head.
I'm actually one of those that advertiser's hate, because if an advertisement annoys me enough I WILL remember it, and that memory will NOT spark a desire to purchase that product. Quite the opposite effect, in fact.

You are correct in that successful advertising does result in successful sales of the product. Advertising that has people talking negatively and does not result in product sales isn't successful.