View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 07:43 AM   #2
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Remembering 9/11 - 20 years later - your story

I was working in boston for a software company, really weird day from the get go. First of all I wore an adult tigger costume to work, yes I used to like to have fun, rode in on the T wearing it and people were amused to say the least.

Got to work and had some laughs, took off the costume and was working on a project for Philip Morris at the time, we had the client coming into the office that day to talk about the project, the PM thought it would be funny for me to put the costume back on and sit in the meeting room working, he was going to tell the client that I was a little eccentric but a great designer so no one said anything and told them not to mention the costume. So I put it on and im working in a conference room and these two suits come in and look at me and just keep looking and I finally looked up and greeted them, we shook hands, the "I'm a tigger" recording thankfully was triggered by the left paw not the right, anyway they kept a straight face and never mentioned the costume at all, it was actually funny.

About an hour later someone came in saying there was an explosion or something in NY so I, like the rest of the company went down to the cafeteria and watched it all unfold live on the news. It was only a couple hours after that they they were telling everyone to leave the city, I actually worked in Cambridge so had to take the T to commuter train to get home, I never saw crowds like that in my life, there had to be 100,000 people all around the train station trying to get home, ended up taking 4 hours to finally get on a train.

What a **** day. I used to work for a mutual fund company in boston and 4 of the people I worked with left and worked for a company in one of the towers, they were all killed that day. But you know, get over it right ... some people did something.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote