View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #19
lou2row

Default Re: Blind ten spot review Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEE View Post
Eric #1
Since these are the same cigars I figured I would put our reviews together.

Prelight. I get a sweet hay flavor.

First third. There definitely has a sweet undertone to this cigar and a faint woody aroma on the nose. Nose exhale has no noticeable flavors.

Second third. I fail to get anything out of this but a very very small amount of sweetness. Once in a while I get that tobacco spice on the lips but its rare.

I smoked this while driving from OC Maryland to Philly. I liked the fact that I didn't have to think about the complexity of this cigar. Sometimes I enjoy a cigar with depth while driving but after auditing all day I just want to get a little mind numb. Anyway. By the time I started to get to final third I got tp the Pa border and got into some traffic. Driving a manual and being in traffic was good enough of a reason for me to throw it out.

I don't know if I would actively seek out to buy this cigar. It did its job for my drive but again it lacked any depth and didn't give me any taste other than "cigar".
Cigar #1 is a cigar I enjoy in the morning and on drives (as EEE had it). It has came across several times with excellent complexity and I have noted tastes of cinnamon, leather, pepper, nutmeg, and cedar. Other times, my take is very similar to yours. I wish you guys would have gotten one of the ones with more to offer. I stocked up on these when they were still available.

Cigar #1 was:

5 Vegas limitada 2006