View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
EEE

Default Re: Blind ten spot review Part Two

well I just loaded up my photo and it was horrible (not in focus).

I smoked cigar #8 due to my time restrictions on Sunday morning.

Construction: ~4.75x46 (didn't have my gauge with me) brown wrapper with a red tint (sumatra?), no veins and an extreme soft spot in the middle of the stick.

Pre-Light Draw: I don't drink coffee but this had the same smell as freshly ground & roasted coffee beans, which is enjoyable.

Initial Draw: Little sweetness. If the wrapper was splotchy I'd guess that it was a sungrown, but it doesn't lend itself to that. Has a very interesting taste of wood that has just been cut and sanded, you know how it has a sweet smell to it.

First Third: Slight bitter through the nose, copious amount of smoke on each draw, dry wood flavor overwhelming -- then the burn issues start. Within 10 minutes it goes out twice. Then the draw becomes extremely loose.

After the 2nd re-light I was just working on trying to keep it lit. Didn't work. After it went out the 3rd time I tossed it. I was very disappointed as the first third had me interested in what it had to offer. The taste was good but unfortunately the construction killed it.

Pre-burn out - would have paid $4/5 stick
Post burn out - would pay $1-2/stick