Thread: Sous vide
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 07:34 AM   #823
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Sous vide

A couple weeks ago I got some pre-marinated black garlic chicken wings from the store, didn't get around to grilling them so I vac sealed and threw in the freezer. Yesterday I took them out, let them (mostly) thaw and put them in a bath at 160* for 2 hours. After they were done I put them right on a grill pan on med-high (it was snowing out or I would have used the actual grill) to get a little crisp then served.

The recipe I used called for either 165* for 1 hour or 160* for two hours depending on if you want "fall off the bone" or not. I wouldn't call what I ended up with as falling off the bone, but it was cooked perfect and the chicken itself was delicious. The only change I'm going to make next time is do a light toss in some sauce after they're done, they only kept a little of the marinade flavor and needed something to take it from piece of chicken to "wing" but I will definitely be trying again. This would be an easy one for a big party, pre-cook a ton and grill whatever you want, I'm hoping you could just sauce at the end if you want a variety but I'll report back