View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 05:00 AM   #10
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Questions on humidity...

Actually dvickery, that is perfectly on topic, particularly because that could be exactly what happened to my guardians...
While none of my Guardians have cracked or split, they certainly have gone guano while smoking...i actually wondered if maybe they just didn’t age well, but I’ve only had them for about a year! And I mean, cmon it’s a quality Nicaraguan Puro afterall...
Oh and for an update, I moved everything out of problem child humidor and have two rectangular Tupperware containers doing their thing in there...I know someone suggested like 2 weeks to reseason? I was thinking it should be okay in 3-4 days but if you can provide information (even if just anecdotal) as to why it is better to leave them in there, I’ll give it a try!
Oh, and on the topic of peek a boo, I admit, I’m TERRIBLE about that...ever since I had the high humidity/temp scare ifnlast summer, my OCD kicked in and i find myself checking more than I probably should...which got me thinking, you know what would be cool? If someone made (preferably cheap) WiFi hygrometers and created a simple, no frills app that would connect to them so you could always easily monitor your RH without having to always open your humidors or, hell, even be at home!!
However I can’t imagine I am the first person to think of this...and in the event I am, does anyone want to start a company with me? 😄
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote