Thread: Hurricane Sandy
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #74
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
Traded emails with Chingas just a couple of hours ago. He's doing fine...bit of water but nothing a shopvac couldn't handle. He appreciates the concern though. I told him to stop by and say hello.
That's good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuRon View Post
Welp. Im alive... Alot of my jersey shore town is thrashed and in utter ruins. Luckily my home is seemingly untouched. I think my brand new boat is underwater and out to sea.. My Nuclear Plant is in a little trouble due to high tide but are tending to that around the clock. I havent been home since sunday afternoon. Will keep you guys posted
Glad you made out OK. Sorry to hear about the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
All safe here...we dodged a major bullet (again). Only got a ton of rain and some branches down. Lost power for about 12 second. Thanks for all the well wishes. Continued prayers for my peeps in NY/NJ. Compared to what we got, they got hammered.
All good news, Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
"Sandy" is an appropriate name for this storm for those on the coast. "Soggy" would have been good too.
Still no contact with my relatives there but the pictures I've seen are not good for Long Beach Island. Everyone was off the island before it got too bad.
Glad to hear they got off the island in time. I'm sure you'll hear from them when they can get back home and assess things.